What Is Bourdon Tube Pressure Gauge?
The Bourdon Tube Pressure Gauge is a mechanical type of pressure gauge (read about pressure gauge, working principle, etc) that is used to measure the pressure of the fluids (liquids and gases). As this type of pressure gauge is a completely mechanical type, it does not need any electrical power to work.
The bourdon tube will be responsible for the whole working of the pressure gauge; bourdon tube contact with the fluid (liquid and gases) will result in the indicator (or pointer) movement and shows the responses.
Parts Of Bourdon Tube Pressure Gauge:
The Bourdon tube is a mechanical type so, it does consists of many parts for its internal mechanism. The parts of bourdon tube pressure gauge are as follows:
- Sector Gear: The sector gear is a type of gear that is quarter geared. It is used to oscillate and such oscillation will rotate the pinion.
- Segment Lever: The segment lever is a type of lever that helps the sector and tube to keep in contact.
- Socket: The socket will be housing for the end of the bourdon tube.
- Bourdon Tube: It is the C-Shaped component that will move according to the fluid force. Bourdon tube will convert the fluid force into pressure.
- Spring: The spring helps the whole mechanism to return to its original position after the movement of the bourdon tube by fluid force.
- Pinion: The pinion is the rotary gear that will convert the oscillating motion of sector gear into rotary motion.
- Pointer or Indicator: The pointer will show the responses on the display.
Working Of Bourdon Tube Pressure Gauge:
The working of bourdon tube pressure gauge is simple and does not need any skilled labour for operating. The whole working process will depend upon the C-shaped Bourdon Tube. The C-Shaped tube will be formed around 250 degrees.
The bourbon pressure gauge is attached or fixed to the fluid flow pipe or to the storage tank. The C-shaped tube is sensitive so whenever the fluid flow will get in contact with the C-Shaped tube, the tube will oscillate. Due to the connection between the C-Shaped tube and Sector Gear, the movement of the C-shaped tube will oscillate the sector gear too.
Due to the designing of each part precisely, the sector gear oscillation will result in the rotation of the pinion gear. The indicator attached to the pinion gear will show the responses on the display. The display of the pressure gauge is engraved or printed with the Pressure Responses.
The pressure is measured in terms of Psi (Pronounce as Pound force per Square Inch), N/m2 (Pronounce as Newton per meter square)
Advantages Of Bourdon Tube Pressure Gauge:
The advantages of bourdon tube pressure gauge are as follows:
- The construction of the Bourdon Tube is simple and easy to operate. It does not need any skilled operators to handle it.
- The unique advantages of Bourdon Tube pressure gauge are its application at low pressure and the high-pressure systems.
- The Bourdon Tube Gauge does not need any electrical power.
- The main advantages of bourdon tube pressure gauge are accuracy, it does have a high accuracy rate in real-time application.
Application Of Bourdon Tube Pressure Gauge:
The application of bourdon tube pressure gauge is vast and important. The application of bourdon tube pressure gauge in real life is
- The pressure gauge is used to measure the fluids so, the application of bourdon tube pressure gauge is high in Hydraulic Systems.
- The application of bourdon tube pressure gauge is frequent in measuring the Low-Viscous Fluids.
- The bourdon tube gauge is used in petroleum industries.
The types of pressure gauge usage depend upon the application and range of fluid force that needs to measure. As the Bourdon Tube gauge can measure high range fluid force so its application is high. The construction of the Bourdon Tube pressure gauge is simple. Its sensitivity requires caring while storing and measuring.
Bourdon Tube Gauge is not at all costlier and at the same time it is not so cheaper.